What is the purpose of this notification?
Since opening in May 2017, Nami House collects and processes the personal data provided by its customers at the time of their online booking, as well as those of subscribers to its newsletter since the creation of its blog in October 2016. Since then, we bring the highest attention to data protection. This notice describes the information we collect from you, how we handle it, who we disclose it to, and your rights under the European Data Protection Act.
This data protection notice covers the personal data we collect via our website https://nami-house-anglet.fr and through the online travel agencies (OTA) in which we are referenced and their partners.
Who are we?
Nami House is a tourist accommodation managed by Mrs. Fanny Evenou under the status of independent contractor.
The business of Mrs. Fanny Evenou is registered in the Trade and Companies Register under the SIREN number 828 723 262. The tourist accommodation business is declared at the following address: 14 rue de Tartillon 64600 Anglet, France.
Which personal data do we collect?
- As part of the processing of your reservation request, we ask you for the information we need to process your reservation properly, including your family name, first name, postal address, language, telephone number, email address, as well as your bank details (valid credit card numbers).
- Marketing Emails: while check-in in our hostel, we ask your authorization to use your email address to send you marketing emails once or twice a year about our major news and current promotions.
- As part of your subscription to our newsletter, we only ask for your family name, first name and email address. On the other hand, when you leave a comment on our blog, the data entered in the comment form, your IP address and the user agent of your browser are collected to help us detect unwanted comments. An anonymized string created from your email address (also known as hash) can be sent to the Gravatar service to check if you are using it. Gravatar service’s privacy clauses are available here: https://automattic.com/privacy/. After validating your comment, your profile picture will be visible next to your comment.
Why are you using my personal data?
Your personal data is only used for the processing of your booking requests as well as for statistical purposes.
- Booking requests – We use your personal data for you to book your stay at us through our booking engine or through the online travel agencies (OTAs) in which we are referenced and their partners:
- your family name, first name and postal address to establish a named booking,
- a telephone number and an email address to contact you about your reservation and help along your arrival at our hostel,
- your language to exchange with you by phone or by email,
- your bank account details (a valid credit card’s numbers) to guarantee your reservation.
- Analysis/Reports – We use the data entered while booking at us to create internal reports about our activity. This processing is done in an aggregated way and you are therefore not identifiable in the reports and analyzes.
Services and third-party companies where your data is stored?
Nami House relies on third party services to maintain its own services. Nami House never shares or sells any of its data.
- Online bookings: personal data relating to the online bookings of our customers are stored on the servers of the company Cloudbeds whose software is integrated on both our website and Facebook page as a booking engine.
- Our blog: our newsletter subscribers’ data are directly stored on the servers of our web host o2switch.
- Marketing campaigns: we only send to the company mailchimp the email address of the customers who authorized us to send them an emailing.
Shelf life of your personal data
Nami House keeps its customers’ personal data for an indefinite period or until the user asks us to delete his data.
Your rights under the Data Protection Act
In compliance with the European Data Protection Act regarding your personal data we hold, you have the following rights:
- Accessing to your personal data: you can request a copy of your personal data we hold.
- Rectification: you can request that inaccurate data about you are corrected or, in the case our information is incomplete, request that we update them.
- Cancellation: you can request that we delete from our database your personal data.
How do we protect your personal data?
Your data is contained in encrypted files stored on our servers and is accessible only by means of a secure password.